[CBQ] "Q" Empire Builder Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] "Q" Empire Builder Cars
From: "Bill Jelinek" <cbqrr@northlc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 04:30:45 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
On Nov. 6 I happened to catch a photo of the Empire Builder dining car,
Lake of the Isles, bringing up the rear on L404, the local to Stevens
Point.  It left the LSRM in Duluth for its heated winter home at the
National RR Museum.  A friend who knows that the car was owned by the
CB&Q has been trying to talk the LSRM curator into adding the CB&Q
lettering.  He is a real stickler when it comes to historical accuracy
of the museum pieces up here.  I was told he'd have to see a picture of
the car with CB&Q on it before he'd consider it.  So. . . do any of you
happen to have a photo of Lake of the Isles that would satisfy him?  If
you can post it to the list or email it to me, I'll pass it along.

--Bill Jelinek