[CBQ] Maitland, MO waycar to move to Colorado

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Maitland, MO waycar to move to Colorado
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 21:27:19 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Mound City MO News reported Nov 2nd that the CB&Q  waycar  which has been
located near the Maitland, MO depot with plans for restoration  since 1978
has been sold to the Boulder County Historical Society

The car was loaded Tuesday Oct 31st for movement via semi truck to the
Railway Historical Society in Boulder who have plans to restore the car.

It's been sitting at Maitland alongside the depot since 1978 and is badly
deteriorated.
I saw and took pictures of it a few years ago...even got the number and
someone on this list advised of its "date of birth".

I don't want to take the time or space to write the entire article here,  but
if someone wants additional information contact me..I printed  the  article
and will hang onto it for awhile.

Pete Hedgpeth