Re: [CBQ] Re: Rail length

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Rail length
From: "GLEN HAUG" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 13:38:05 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bolted rail of 100# or less was rolled in 33' lengths.  112# or greater was
rolled in 39' lengths.

I had always thought that 110# was rolled in 39' lengths, because it is similar
to 112#.  However, the Q had a standard plan to weld two 110# rails together to
make longer rails, similar to the 78' rails they made using 112#TR and 129#TR.
I don't know how prevalent this longer 110# rail was used, because I never have
seen any of it.  But the plan indicates that the completed 110# rail length is
66', so I can only assume 110# must have been rolled in 33' lengths.

Glen Haug