[CBQ] CBQ/FLAGS.....

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CBQ/FLAGS.....
From: cbqrr17@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 06:18:07 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Has anyone seen the new movie, "Flags of Our Fathers"?  There are several
scenes using CBQ equipment.  The best scene is the front on view of the Ill RR
Museum CBQ E-5(don't remember if unit had red or black nose stripes)arriving at
Chicago Union Station.  Another scene shows a Northern Pacific Slumbercoach and
post war Budd streamline fluted car(unable to identify type of car) with full
skirts like the CBQ/CZ cars purchased after the end of WWII.   However, the
scene most rail fans should recognize as laughable(typical Hollywood blunder)
is an arriving train with the BN Executive F-9AB paint scheme set in the spring
of 1945!!  At least the heavyweight coaches fit the scene/time/era the movie
tried to duplicate.  I got my five bucks worth from "Flags of Our Fathers", but
liked Iwo Jima w/John Wayne better.  Anyone else remember any other scenes that
Clint Eastwood failed to have authenticated by the BRHS!!   Have a nice day.
Jules Johnson