RE: [CBQ] CBQ/FLAGS.....

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] CBQ/FLAGS.....
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello,

Most, if not all of that equipment, is in the
collection of the Illinois
Railway Museum.  The four Budd cars used were the CB&Q
Silver Ridge, a
sleeper from the DZ, NP sleeper Loch Sloy, UP sleeper
Pacific and ACL diner
Birmingham.  The latter 2 cars were relettered
'Burlington' for the filming.
The Nebraska Zephyr was originally to be used, but
that train is out for
repairs.  Yes, I do agree the BN 1&2 are quite the
anachronism.  It's too
bad we didn't have C&NW 411 back yet.  It would have
looked right at home in
that scene filmed at Kenilworth.  As for the film, it
was very good and I
hope to see it again.  Not your typical war film.
Clint's next film is Iwo
Jima from the Japanese perspective, entitled 'Letters
from Iwo Jima.'

Hope this helps!

Bryan J. Howell
IRM Diesel Dept. Volunteer