[CBQ] Re: Passenger service: Atchison and Leavenworth

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Passenger service: Atchison and Leavenworth
From: "graywolfs2" <graywolfs02@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:12:52 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Morgan" <rmorgan28@...> wrote:
Hi Rick,

I can't answer all of your question, but I can shed some light on
the "motor cars".

The motor cars were self contained trains also known as doodlebugs on
the "Q".

Here is a link to Castle Graphics web site with a photo of one of the
doodlebugs.:

http://www.castlegraphics.com/photo/displayimage.php?album=85&pos=3

As far as the rest of the operation, if you can find a CB&Q puplic
timetable, that would give you the train numbers they ran under.

Any further information I will leave for those here that have more
knowledge of that area that the "Q" served.

I also recommend becoming a member of the BRHS (Burlington Route
Historical Society). They have great meets (I just missed going to
this years Annual Meet In Grand Island NE.) where you can hook up with
a really neet bunch of guys that are willing to share any and all CB&Q
related info.

Greg Koon
Minnesota