Re: [CBQ] Did CBQ/C&S have any Quad hopper as represented by Athearn mo

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Did CBQ/C&S have any Quad hopper as represented by Athearn model
From: "Paul K." <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 00:09:56 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
At 07:58 PM 8/28/2006, you wrote:
>The Stewart/Accurail triples in both Chinese Red and Mineral Red are
>correct (some custom painted black cars were also produced but are
>hard to find).

````````
Steve and Tom,

Don't know how accurate they are but several years back Roundhouse/MDC had some
of these cars in black, as well as mineral and Chinese reds, IIRC.  I've got a
couple of each but they're in deep storage and I haven't looked at them in
years.  I also don't know if they're still available but I will ASSume a look
around the Horizon Hobby website may yield that info.

````````
>I think there is a composite hopper that also is accurate, but I can't
>remember who produces them.
>
>Tom Mack
>Cincinnati, OH

````````
Again can't swear to it but I'm pretty sure the composite hopper Tom is
thinking of is made by Life-Like, Proto 2000, now owned by Walthers.

Hope this helps . . .

--
"Paul (Kossart) - The CB&Q Guy"
 Peru, IL *USA*