[CBQ] Re: Did CBQ/C&S have any Quad hopper as represented by Athearn mod

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Did CBQ/C&S have any Quad hopper as represented by Athearn model
From: "Steve Fuchs" <fuchst900@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:01:57 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Paul K." <kozys@...> wrote:
>I want to thank those that responded to my question.  I can see that
the few old Athearns must go.  I have begun a train consisting of the
new Accurail 3 bay 70 ton offset cars.  These can really be made into
nice models by replacing the cast grabs with the new .010" plastic
rod from plasti-struck (sp?).  Since the car has some really nice
details that dont need to be replaced, they become first class for
low cost. Grabs, air hoses, cut levers and metal wheel and your
done!  I do repaint them since I want C&S.  Thanks again!  Steve
> At 07:58 PM 8/28/2006, you wrote:
> >The Stewart/Accurail triples in both Chinese Red and Mineral Red
are
> >correct (some custom painted black cars were also produced but are
> >hard to find).
>

> ````````
> Steve and Tom,
>
> Don't know how accurate they are but several years back
Roundhouse/MDC had some of these cars in black, as well as mineral
and Chinese reds, IIRC.  I've got a couple of each but they're in
deep storage and I haven't looked at them in years.  I also don't
know if they're still available but I will ASSume a look around the
Horizon Hobby website may yield that info.

> ````````
> >I think there is a composite hopper that also is accurate, but I
can't
> >remember who produces them.
> >
> >Tom Mack
> >Cincinnati, OH
>
> ````````
> Again can't swear to it but I'm pretty sure the composite hopper
Tom is thinking of is made by Life-Like, Proto 2000, now owned by
Walthers.