[CBQ] Re: CBQZ Containers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CBQZ Containers
From: "Tom Mack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:59:30 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Paul K." <kozys@...> wrote:
> I would appreciate any helpful info anyone can give or point me to
(and I'm assuming Tom Mack would, too!) :-)

> Best,

Paul:

You are right! Thanks for thinking of me. Anyway, to clarify a couple
of things about the Walthers kits:

1. Walthers is doing the vans (933-1685), but no announcement yet on
the cars. Also, they list the release date now as Nov 27, 2006. I
recall a recent e-mail from Walthers that stated that they discovered
there are more differences between the different Flexi-Vans than
originally thought, so they were being delayed some for better accuracy.

2. In addition to the Feb 1992 MR article by Jim Hediger on NYC
Flexi-Vans there was a follow-up letter from Dan Holbrook in the April
1992 MR p. 20 that in part stated:

"[Jim Hediger] states , though, that the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
did not purchase any flatcars. To set the record straight, the CB&Q
purchased 25 Flexi-Van flatcars from Maxson Corp., St. Paul, Minn in
1968. These were numbered 96000-96024. The cars were painted Chinese
Red and came with three different types of trucks: 96000-96014 came on
Rockwell Hi-Speed trucks, 96015-96019 on A-3 trucks, and 96020-96024
on Symington Wayne trucks."

"These flatcars were purchased primarily for handling mail between
Chicago, St. Paul, Kansas City, and Denver. The Q also purchased from
Strick Co., 50 Flexi-Van containers numbered CBQ 202000-202049."

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH