[CBQ] Re: CBQZ Containers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CBQZ Containers
From: "graywolfs2" <graywolfs02@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:54:26 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
HI Paul,

I recall an article in Model Railroader a number of years ago about
this style of container and railcar that was developed for/by the New
York Central. I also believe there was a mention in that article
about the "Q" having the containers.
And here is where the story get interesting, for me antway. Back in
the early 90' (thats 1990). I have a friend that was poking around in
a junkyard looking for parts for his car and he find what he thought
was an old Burlington trailer minus the wheels and underframe. so he
calls me because I only lived 2 miles from this junkyard, to come
help him remove the "BURLINGTON" signs and the reporing mark signs
(he did have permission, and I believe he was able to get them for
free).
Well to shorten this story, at least one of the "BURLINGTON" signs
was given to the Little "Q" model rr club in Aurora and I have one of
the reporing mark signs in my garage. I cannot be sure of the exact
number, but I think it reads CBQZ 20200. I'll take a pic of it and
post it on the CBQ group site this weekend.
I hope that someone can let you know what MR the article was in or at
least tell you where to look up infromation on finding that issue.

Greg K.
Minnesota.

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Paul K." <kozys@...> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Can anyone provide me with info on these?  I'm modeling the late
1960's (in HO) and don't recall reading anything on them or even
seeing any photos.  The only reference to them that I can recall is a
photo I have from several years back that Donald Haffield sent me
with a letter saying he was thinking about doing them at some point.
Don't know if I missed out but don't recall hearing or seeing
anything on them since.

> I would appreciate any helpful info anyone can give or point me to
(and I'm assuming Tom Mack would, too!) :-)