[CBQ] CB&Q Train 29

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Train 29
From: "expressexpressman" <dave@dglambert.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:24:48 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Good morning list,

I've just about finished an article for the modeling press about
mail and express (M&E) trains.

No such article would be complete, however, without a brief
discussion of train 29.

It was one of the few M&E trains with a real "name". The only others
I could find were ATSF's Trains 7 & 8 (Fast Mail Express) and MILW's
Train 27, The Fast Mail. All of the others I've studied (notably on
the NYC and PRR had "designations" rather than names. But, I digress.

1. Does anyone have a typical consist for Train 29? Did the CB&Q
publish consist books like the PRR, B&O, C&O, NYNH&H, etc.?
2. Does anyone have an ACTUAL consist for the train? Items 1. and 2.
are particularly helpful for the article.
3. Did Train 29 have an eastward counterpart? (Train 30, perhaps?)

Train 29 must have been huge on occasion. The 75th Anniversary
Commemorative booklet the railroad published in 1959 (which I
stumbled upon in a bookshop in London!!)mentions that the train ran
in one section of 82 cars during WWII.

Actual consists of NYC M&E Train 13 (via the Canada
Southern/Michigan Central)show an incredible number of CB&Q and NYC
cars bound for Train 29 in Chicago.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Dave Lambert

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM