[CBQ] Heads up - B'way Limited CZ PRR car

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Heads up - B'way Limited CZ PRR car
From: "nycbqfan" <burzephyr@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 03:18:08 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I don't think this has been mentioned in the group, but I just found
out tonight when a friend got a "second run" Silver Rapids CZ car
from Broadway Limited that they did not re-run the original Silver
Rapids, even though the BL stock # (535) was re-used.  The car that
BL just issued is the Silver Rapids as it appeared after 1957.  So
the model itself is unchanged, BUT the roof is black, the
letterboard reads PENNSYLVANIA and instead of PRR in the small
boards at the end of the car it reads Pullman.  So if you have
ordered or plan to order the car to add to your CZ consist or run in
a PRR train, you may not get the car in original CZ livery.

Seems odd that BL wouldn't give this version a different stock
number (and nothing on the box indicates the change).  It's an
interesting idea to do the later PRR version, but I am surprised
that BL didn't advertise it as such.  I don't know if the PRR
lettered and black-roof car retained the skirting for any length of
time.

Just an FYI.

John Sauer

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rlNZQC/gOaOAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM