RE: [CBQ] Concrete bridges

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Concrete bridges
From: "BRAD SLANEY" <bradslaney@viawestdu.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 06:02:24 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I remember a short span being replaced just West of Big Rock about 1958/59
on the C&I.  If I recall correctly, there was a 30MPH slow order and a
shoo-fly.

BRAD

Most of the bridges on the C&I are concrete many have recently been
replaced.  A neat concrete pile trestle use to be still in place on the old
H&St J west of Brookfield on the old Main  The rails were gone but the
bridge remained.
These articles tell how and where the piles and slabs were poured and loaded
for movement to the job locations
sjh