Re: [CBQ] Concrete bridges

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Concrete bridges
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 00:20:21 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Concrete Fence Posts on the Burlington Lines  Engineering Record  June 22, 1912
How Concrete Pile Trestles are Built                 Railway Maintenance
Engineer 6-21
Modern Concrete Slab and Pile Plant                Railway Maintenance Engineer
12-21
Reinforced Concrete Trestles for Railways         Engineering Record  4-23-1910
Principles of Practices for Pile Driving               Engineering Record
4-1-11
Concrete Pile Driving Practice on the Burlington Route  Engineering Record
8-26-11

Most of the bridges on the C&I are concrete many have recently been replaced.
A neat concrete pile trestle use to be still in place on the old H&St J west of
Brookfield on the old Main  The rails were gone but the bridge remained.
These articles tell how and where the piles and slabs were poured and loaded
for movement to the job locations
sjh