Re: [CBQ] Re: Heavy Weight ???'s

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Heavy Weight ???'s
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:30:59 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Keith-

BB No.15 The SSS Chair Cars
-incidentally, the SSS Power cars had Zephyr Lettering, not Ribbon Style, at
least as pictured in the Bulletin.

So the SSS Power Cars are not candidates for the first Ribbon Style
Lettering.....
BB No.1 Dinkies In Transition
-has a picture of a S4a 4004 pulling a train of rebuilt 7100 series coaches
in late October 1949.  There are no details on the rebuilding of the 7100s.

Al Hoffman is researching heavyweight Burlington Diners that were leased to
the Atlantic Coast Line on a regular basis going back to the early 'teens.
A theory is that the cars may have been relettered for Burlington at the end
of the season and CB&Q officials liked the ACL-style Ribbon Style lettering.
Perhaps a Ribbon- Style lettering diagram for the Diners exists that has a
date that might establish the earliest appearance of this font on the Q.

Charlie Vlk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM