Re: [CBQ] Power units for the California Zephyr?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Power units for the California Zephyr?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:57:46 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Nos. 9960ABC   9961 ABC  and  9962 ABC were A-B-A sets of Phase IIa
("Chicken Wire") F3s purchased specifically to pull the CZ.
They remained in that service until about 1954-ish when there were enough
E8s added to the pool that they could be put into lesser service.
As you mentioned, they were regeared and repainted into freight colors some
time in the very late 1950's...
Charlie Vlk