[CBQ] Review of Golden Gate Depot Heavyweight Coaches

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Review of Golden Gate Depot Heavyweight Coaches
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 04:39:45 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
FYI

FYI only.  I am not a dealor, vendor, or manufacturer.  I am just
generating discussion on CB&Q O-gauge models.

3Rd Rail/Sunset's website has a link to Golden Gate Depot.  This store
is offering 2-rail O-scale and 3-rail O-Gauge CB&Q heavyweight
passenger cars in 20" length (80' in O-scale).  Min curves are 36" (2-
rail) and O-54 (3-rail).  Plastic bodies with passenger figures and
constant lighting.  Offered in 4-car sets with 4 road numbers each
(total of 12 road numbers if you want to buy 3 sets).  MSRP/set  =
$450 + $30 s/h.  The illustration shows black (roofs and
undercarriages), Pullman green (bodies), and the gold ribbon
lettering.

To my knowledge, Williams Electric Trains is the only other
manufacturer to have produced O-gauge CB&Q heavyweights in the Pullman
green paint scheme.

Athough these will probably be gorgeous models and more prototypical
than the Williams sets, I am standardized on the 18" (70') and 15"
(60') passenger cars from other O-gauge manufacturers for both
heavyweight & Zephyrs.  I looked up 80'coaches in Bill Glick's CB&Q
Heavyweight Roster and saw that CB&Q only had about seven 80'4"
coaches (#4650, 4651, 4652, 4653, 4654, 4657, & 4800(80'10"
Minneapolis Club)).  Maybe GGD will offer some cars in 70' later
(Glick's book indicated many 70' coaches).  I understand from a thread
on the OGR Forum that GGD plans to release baggage, combo, and
observation heavyweight cars in the future.

FYI.

Bill