[CBQ] C&S Mill Gons

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] C&S Mill Gons
From: "Steve Fuchs" <fuchst900@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:28:35 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I picked up two Athearn 65'6" Mill gons and would like to decorate
them for C&S.  I was under the impression that these were the correct
cars but within the number group 21,000 to 21,069 there seems to be
two different cars. At Freight car Archives below there are pictures
of 21040 and 21066.  21040 has a sill that the drop end is not
directly over.  21066 does not appear to have this and the ends seem
like the are solid. (Brake wheel etc located on end not off to the
side as on 21040. Can anyone shed any light on the manufactures of
these car or if the ends were modified over the lifetime of the car.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve  Walla Walla, WA

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsList.aspx?id=CS&cid=6