Re: [CBQ] Spectrum 4-4-0

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Spectrum 4-4-0
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:18:07 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Johnathan,
Can't find anything on Bachman's site so that sketch is it.
I can't tell wheelbase or driver dia. from the sketch, but what I see.

Boiler -close to some, need to move bell and  change headlight(Cary)

pilot - close

drivers -  counter weights are curved, should be square

tender - flange wrong for some but OK for others but coal bin too long,
need to shorten up - need tool box(PSC),  steps wrong - modify.

tender trk - model has arch bar, Bowser "reading" type is similar.

Big problem is the sketch seems to show the cab behind the rear driver
and should be at least partly over driver.

check Otto Perry photos at DPL

Photo
op3488 - 387
op3489 - 421
op3492 - 492
op3495 - 451
op4085 - 421

I think there is potential but as Charlie says "We won't know until we
see them."

Ken Martin