Re: [CBQ] seeking info on FT 103 tour cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] seeking info on FT 103 tour cars
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:29:32 +1300
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Pete

Bulletin #24 was an extensive article, including colour and B&W photos,on
dynamometer cars especially #30 which is the one associated with the EMD
demonstrator #103 trials.  There are photos in the article also of the two
units during testing, at Aurora on 29/12/39 and at Denver on 16/5/40 with a
D&RGW freight.

Bulletin #4 - The Graybacks - includes a photo of the demonstrator at
Keansburg, Co. in December 1940.  The only text if to the effect that the
Burlington officials were impressed when they first saw it in action in
1939.

"Diesels West" (by David P Morgan) has a couple more photos of the
demonstrator and dynamometer together but says little about the testing on
the CB&Q, although it gives examples of some of its achievements during the
testing on various railroads.

Not much but better than nothing!

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ