Re: [CBQ] Harry Murphy rides the Heartland Flyer

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Harry Murphy rides the Heartland Flyer
From: "Dale Reeves" <drale99@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 14:15:42 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Among the special trains during the Murphy tenure were the "Football
Specials" between Omaha and Lincoln on Saturdays for Nebraska games.  I took
those trains often in the   50s.  The trips were gala affairs.  The teams in
those days weren't big winners like we're used to at Nebraska (we hope)
these days, but NU had avid fans, and they filled those long trains to
Lincoln!