Re: [CBQ] re: ebay complaints

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] re: ebay complaints
From: James Becker <jimdandyaussies@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 15:16:32 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As a power seller on e-Bay (mostly courtesy of automobile parts and cars) I can
say that e-Bay is all about its bottom line. As a seller I have found that
there is an increase in non-paying bidders. E-Bay's solution........ As a buyer
about the only thing you can hang your hat on is negative feedback......but
this is a real two way street. Most sellers no longer give you feedback when
payment is received. They now wait for the BUYER to leave feedback and THEN
they respond. If you give positive you get positive. If you ding someone with a
negative, expect a negative in return.

  E-Bay sent me a warning about "reserve fee avoidance!". I still do not know
what the heck I did. I shot an e-mail to the power seller support team. They
forwarded it to Trust and Safety and silence......so maybe I didn't do anything
wrong??? But you can see what got  e-Bay's shorts in a knot????? Fee
avoidance.....It is all about the bottom line.....e-Bay's of course!

  Until another site comes along to challange them on their mega scale, I
highly doubt it will get any better for buyer or seller.

  Jim Becker
  Mokena, IL

"Gerald A. Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com> wrote:
  Bob - not to get too far off the subject of CB&Q; do you have 1st hand
experience of anyone complaining about fakes getting in trouble with
eBay?  I am part of a group (entirely different type of collectibles)
that have informed sellers of errors, and when they refused to correct
listings, have informed bidders - eBay has never complained.  I agree
eBay is becoming increasingly mercenary but they also know too many
bad deals & they lose buyers; and without buyers, there is no eBay.

I agree buyers must beware but some things are hard to judge. Ever
conscientious pro dealers error.

        Business finances   Model railroad train   Car enthusiasts     Railway
 Corvette enthusiast