Re: [CBQ] re: ebay complaints

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] re: ebay complaints
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 16:27:07 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Yes, many tales have been told on the Railroadania List of people
complaining and getting "cut off".

As for Ebay knowing too many bad deals will hurt them - that is true
- to a point.  Only when it affects their bottom line, and someone
makes a large enough stink in a forum of consequence (read: court of law).

Don't misunderstand me - I have used Ebay from its inception and
continue to find good deals.  And, in some circumstances, they have
actually responded.   But not in circumstances like this.  There is
documented evidence of fraud (like these calendars, the "Whites Only"
signs, various china pieces, etc.).  But it isn't always er...black
and white - to Ebay.  They are told "I got it out of a station being
demolished".  And, with not much else to go on, they believe
it.  That's why I say this one is funny.  I would get it as a good
conversation piece.  Hang it over my ConCor Pioneer Zephyr and have
fun - but not for $86+.

At 04:00 PM 2/4/2006, you wrote:
>Bob - not to get too far off the subject of CB&Q; do you have 1st hand
>experience of anyone complaining about fakes getting in trouble with
>eBay?  I am part of a group (entirely different type of collectibles)
>that have informed sellers of errors, and when they refused to correct
>listings, have informed bidders - eBay has never complained.  I agree
>eBay is becoming increasingly mercenary but they also know too many
>bad deals & they lose buyers; and without buyers, there is no eBay.
>
>I agree buyers must beware but some things are hard to judge. Ever
>conscientious pro dealers error.

Bob Webber