[CBQ] Fake calendars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Fake calendars
From: "gedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:48:31 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This lady was informed the 1st time she sold some (1940's) but ignores
all comments.  Has anyone told eBay Safeharbor that she is knowingly
selling fakes?  Those of us on this list may think it's obvious to
anyone these are fakes (a 1910 Zephyr is a giveaway0 but BRHS mbrs were
burned by the 40's calendars (I personally made a minimun bid of $10
just so I could acquire one close-up & see if I could figure our who or
where was making them).  We need to help people buying a 'nice old Q
calendar' for Dad or husband and even some Q fans who are not as
knowledgable as others.  The other 'hot' item on ebay is reprint of the
1878 system TT.  (NRHS reprinted 1 or 2 from 20's or 30's but they are
marked as repros - this one is not, anyone know who printed it?  has
been around at least 20 yrs I'd guess.  I have one of the repros ($3
from a knowledgeable dealer) and several real ones of that vintage -
unless you have them side by side, it's difficult for mmost Q fans to
tell the difference especially if the repro has been 'weathered' and
worn.  As in all cases, when spending big bucks on RRiana, know what
you are buying as most sellers have no idea what they are selling!
Gerald