Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Stock Cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Stock Cars
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 18:05:01 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
They might smell the same when occupied but that is about the only
similarity....
Seriously, the Q signature stock cars were the 36' cars.  The framing on
these cars extended below the floors and they were quite distinctive
looking.
The Q also had some 40' cars with steel roofs (two types...one with braced
wood ends and the other with stamped steel ends) that were built to ARA
boxcar specs.
They roughly resemble the old Athearn car which was based on a UP design.
There also were single and double Mather cars (the doubles were two cars
spliced together at the doors to yield a longer car!!).
The Intermountain AT&SF prototype car isn't very close to any of the above.
Charlie Vlk