RE: [CBQ] Q Stewart HO Question

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Q Stewart HO Question
From: "Steve Haas" <Goatfisher2@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:19:14 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Roger Hanson wrote:

>>For you HO scale Q modelers out there:

Winter project -

I'm getting ready to paint & finish several ABA and ABBA sets of the earlier
run Stewart HO F units for my CB&Q grayback livery.  I know that Kadee makes
their #450 couplers specifically for these units - but - I'm well stocked
with #5's (and notoriously frugal).

Does anyone have any tips on mounting the #5's? - or do I just need to bite
the bullet & purchase a dozen + sets of #450's???<<

Keep in mind that folks like Kadee don't go out and make special sets of
couplers unless there's a reason - and a market.

If it were me I'd use drawbars between units _if_ they're going to be run
semi-permanently coupled, and use the #450's designed for these units every
where you don't use the #450's. I can use the time I'd spend getting the
#5's to work on something else.

It's not like the #5's you already have won't get used for something else,
most likely very soon.

Best regards,

Steve Haas
Sammamish, WA