Re: [CBQ] Re: Review & Questions: Atlas-O DS Box & Cov. Hopper

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Review & Questions: Atlas-O DS Box & Cov. Hopper
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:34:10 +1300
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill

The history of the XM-24 box cars was covered in the BRHS data sheet #4
including photos, but I haven't come across any others.  They were standard
USRA 40 ton double sheath box cars built to specification 1003-B by AC&F at
St Louis in December 1918.  There were just five cars remaining on the
roster at the end of 1951.

As delivered, there was minimal stencilling and no herald. Later on, they
received the "Everywhere West" slogan across the door and a Burlington Route
herald on the right hand end of the side. If you want a photo, contact me
off list and I'll forward a scan.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ