[CBQ] Review & Questions: Atlas-O DS Box & Cov. Hopper

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Review & Questions: Atlas-O DS Box & Cov. Hopper
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:05:07 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This is an FYI post to 2-rail O-scale and 3-rail O-gauge fans of the
CB&Q.  I am not a dealer, vendor, or employee of ay manufacturer.

Atlas-O has released the following:

USRA Double Sheathed Wood Boxcars
Available in mineral red with white lettering with 4 road numbers
(120801, 120857, ??, ??). MSRP ~ $50 (3-rail).  The road number is
on the left and the BR logo on the right of each side.  "Everywhere
West" is on the sliding door in script.  These look great to me.  I
could not find any pictures of these DS wood boxcars in Mike Spoor's
CB&Q Color Guide.  Did CB&Q actually have cars like these? (Usually,
Atlas-O is very accurate in basing teir models on prototype info.)
I like the models even if they are fictitious.

70 Ton Covered Hopper Cars
These are available in mineral red with black roofs, white
lettering,  and full color BR heralds.  Four road numbers available
(181558, 181587, ??, ??).  MSRP ~ $60 (3-rail).  To me, these look
very accurate in comparison to the photos and info in Mike Sppor's
CB&Q Color Guide (pages 81-82).  The models with the two road
numbers above state this on the sides "Silica sand loading only when
empty return to CB&Q RR Oregon, ILL", as is captured in the photo of
#181779 on page 81 of the Color Guide.  Does any one have the other
models with the other two road numbers?  If so, could you check and
see if this statement is the same, or if it states another option
from page 82 in the photo of #181735 "This car for silica sand
Illinois".

Thanks in advance for any response.  Enjoy.

Happy New Year.

Bill