[CBQ] re: New Way of posting Model information...

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] re: New Way of posting Model information...
From: <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 9:25:03 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tom Mack wrote:
> My suggestion is that we create an
> official folder and format for posting information on models available
> and that members create/update these monologues instead of simply
> posting a message.

Tom, I've also thought about this and would be willing to assist you, but
probably more of an editor than as an expert on the prototypical level of a
model.

What I had considered was a spreadsheet with these columns:
model - model number - year built/model year - road number - availability -
price - prototype rating - incorrect areas - links to other pics/info

year built/model year - would tell what year the real model was built, and what
year the model was attempting to replicate...as the two could greatly differ

availability would describle the availability of the model - current
production, order only, out of production and so on might be how to show this.

The Prototype rating would be numerical and consist of the following ratings:
1 - exact prototype
2 - very close, minor changes (probably cosmetic or addition of minor parts)
3 - medium, requires a few changes or additional parts
4 - poor, only good as a 'filler' car, not worth rebuilding

The 'incorrect areas' column would list what changes needed to be made to make
it prototypical.

The 'Links' column would list locations to view real photos, or maybe also
locations to find replacement parts/decals to make it prototypical.

Cheers!

Jan

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/F9LvrA/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM