[CBQ] New Boxcar Spreadsheet uploaded

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] New Boxcar Spreadsheet uploaded
From: "Tom Mack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:48:57 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have been working on a detailed spreadsheet of CB&Q boxcars for my
own modeling use, but want to share the work so someone else doesn't
replicate the work needlessly. Anyway, I am sure there are some gaps
and definitely some info that needs clarification. Also, I am open to
suggestions as to what columns you would like to see. I have created a
cross-reference to Spoor's Color Guide, but could also probably use a
cross-reference to various Zephyr or BB pictures. Please e-mail me
with corrections/suggestions. My hope is that this canbecome the start
of some definitive lists that can be posted on the BRHS site for
everyone. If you are working on something similar, please also let me
know so we can collaborate as much as possible.

I was also thinking of starting some monologues regarding the various
models out there since there seems to be a lot of common questions
about cars, locomotives, etc. that come out on the list, with a lot of
great info from members, but this information many times lies buried
in posts and is hard to find. My suggestion is that we create an
official folder and format for posting information on models available
and that members create/update these monologues instead of simply
posting a message. This would include information on prototype AND
non-prototype cars since many times people ask questions like "Is the
new XYZ car prototypical for the Q?" even if the answer is "No" or
"Not really, but it is a good stand-in for a CB&Q class ABC except
for..." (the new Walthers double door 60' boxcar is a good example of
a non-prototype car, as is the new PS-2 covered hopper in the black
paint which could be a stand-in if in the proper color for a larger
capacity Q covered hopper). It could also include details about
variations or mistakes in the model runs (e.g. the early Atlas CB&Q
ACF cylindrical covered hoppers had the "BURLINGTON" printed too high
- this was corrected on subsequent models). I'm willing to put
together some initial examples, but want to make sure I have support
from other members that this is a good idea!

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Tom Mack

For $25, 15 Afghan women can learn to read. Your gift can make a difference.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rQ8GtB/SdGMAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM