[CBQ] Re: 16 Section/Coach question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: 16 Section/Coach question
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@macnexus.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:41:04 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
If I recall correctly, one of the 16 section CZ cars was converted to
chair car in the WP's  Sacramento Shops.

This has always been a bit of a mystery to me.  The WP really did not
have much depth to its passenger car repair services, and I have
often wondered just exactly how this small railroad did it, and with
what level of quality.  Was there a standard "kit" (with
instructions) supplied by Budd (or others) for the conversion? Was
there outside supervision? Does anyone currently know anything about
it without digging into boxes of records (also here in Sacramento)?

Denny

--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, California

Help tsunami villages rebuild at GlobalGiving. The real work starts now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/T42rFC/KbOLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM