[CBQ] Covered Hoppers For Grain

To: cbQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Covered Hoppers For Grain
From: "Paul K." <kozys@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 00:46:16 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
All,

I need to buy several models of these cars (HO) for my rural, line located in
north central Illinois off the double-track main roughly halfway between
Chicago and Galesburg.  My free-lanced branchline on the layout is imagined to
be located probably close to where Neponset might be situated in the "real"
world.

Since I am modeling the CB&Q in the late 1960's, I naturally already have a
majority of Burlington's cars to be used to service the elevators and local
related grain industry customers on the line.

My question is that at the LHS I see cars lettered for several grain dealers,
haulers, etc., and was wondering if I should just get a mix of most of these to
round out my fleet, or would only a couple names be used in a specific area or
part of the country meaning I would have to buy several of the same few named
cars?

Does anyone know what names would be used in my modeled area of Lines East?

Thanks . . .

--
"Paul (Kossart) - The CB&Q Guy"
 Proto-Lancing the CB&Q "Illiniwek River-Subdivision-Branch Line" in the 1960's.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM