Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2589

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2589
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:56:13 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jon,

This is a bit confusing so I will try to make it a easy as I can. If it
is an EMD switcher with the early black and gray paint scheme, then the
side sill stripes should be red over yellow. If it is the later scheme
with the white diagonal delineators along the side sill, then it should
be yellow over red and narrower. If it is one of the Baldwin 9300
series units, they were always reversed with yellow over red at the
side sill. In later years, the white diagonal delineators or stripes
were added to the Baldwins also. I do not know exactly when the
diagonal white delineators  were first used. The top stripes between
the gray and the black were always yellow over red on all units as far
as I can determine.

BTW, Mike Spoor's "CB&Q in Color" book series are excellent for all
kinds of information including variations in color schemes.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM