Re: [CBQ] Q Waycars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q Waycars
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:00:56 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Walthers UP "Q" trucks are closest...they are the UP design trucks that
Walthers put under the CB&Q four window waycars.   They are or will be
available separately AFAIK.  The UP (and C&NW) apparently thought enough of
the CB&Q No.7 truck design to use them on their cabooses, even under the
first steel cars.  They are quite similar to the real McCoy except for the
details of the journal pedestals and the shape of the strap along the bottom
of the jorunal pedestals.
Some people have used the old MDC/Roundhouse "Overton" trucks as a stand-in
before the Walthers trucks were tooled.  DesPlaines Hobbies / Centrailia Car
Shops will also have the UP version sometime in the future....in HO.
Charlie Vlk