RE: [CBQ] Thanks to Dave Lotz & the B&MR Lines

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Thanks to Dave Lotz & the B&MR Lines
From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:33:32 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks for the positive words John, John & Jan!

The whole idea of having a layout is to have fun, and from the comments I've
heard - everyone who came did exactly that.  I wouldn't have used the word
"chastised" in regards to you and Tom's "belly button" conversation - I'd
call it more light-hearted harassment.

It was truly an official railfan day, as those who came to help prepare the
layout for the tours all enjoyed a Steak 'n Shake lunch.  A special thanks
needs to go out to Loren Johnson, Tom Johnson and Phil Hansen for traveling
so far to help make sure the day was a success.  Also, to by best friend
John Lee and the rest of the folks in our unnamed round-robin group that
helped bring the layout to the point it is today.

After writing this email I'm headed to the basement to start pulling
equipment off the tracks and boxing it all for the move.  I too am sad that
this chapter in our lives is closing, but we are excited to see what the new
chapter will bring, and NO it WON'T bring Southern or Central of Georgia
locomotives!  But the good news is that the B&MRR will be a phoenix, rising
from the dismantling that is about to take place to be a bit larger and
hopefully with scenery!

As was the case here in St. Louis, our door will always be open to anyone
who has an interest in the Burlington.

Dave Lotz
STL but Savannah bound

Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM