[CBQ] Interchange lists-Forreston, IL

To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>, <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, <Ry-ops-industrialSIG@yahoogroups.com>, <1914to1940RRing@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Interchange lists-Forreston, IL
From: "John Swanson" <dwlscbq@insightbb.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:10:29 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This is a blatant effort to see Ted Richardson rewarded for the mind numbing
hours of effort he has put into this CD. And to put a very good research tool
into the hands of those who would like it.

As I said before, when I was working the Forreston agency of the ICRR in 1967,
the agent had left a bunch of old records he was going to burn when he got back
from vacation.
In the pile were 2 interchange list books covering from Sept 1, 1950 to June
1952. There are some date gaps but a continuous record of interchange movements
at one location for 19 months is a record rather hard to find.
Ted Richardson has entered the data in a CD. There are over 8000 entries
including the trains setting out, engine number, date and time, conductor
according to the information the conductor left. Ted has also took the time to
look up many of the cars.
This CD was well received at Naperville.
Personally I got a big kick out of Ted when he came over and showed me all the
Gons loaded with coal in the list and then proceeded to say just how many of
them he now had to buy from Martin. OH, how we suffer for our hobby.
The Lancaster & Chester had 10 box cars in interchange service at this time and
a L&C box car shows up  in the lists, this is just one of the things I keep
discovering each time I look at the CD
For freight car modelers the cars themselves are facinating. For those
interested in what commodities were handled, just how far cars actually ranged
in our county. RDG, AA, SAL, ACL, NH, and many other roads hoppers loaded with
coal coming from the south on the ICRR being delivered to the Milwaukee to
handle west, stockcar loaded with bagged cement, Molasses, rice, phosphate,
sisal, stoves, TV's, bananas, and all the other data in the lists make them a
facinating study of day to day railroading of this era.
I am so glad Ted went to all the work to transfer this data to CD and make it
available to us all. The CD is far easier to use than the books and there is a
good chance the data might have been lost when I die as happens so often.

If you would like a copy of this reference tool order from

Ted Richardson
431 Briar Place
Libertyville, IL 60048

cost $20 plus $4 shipping.

And I still wonder what I might have left in that pile of old records.

John Swanson

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM