[CBQ] Passenger Car info NEEDed for new book

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Passenger Car info NEEDed for new book
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:37:34 -0700
Bcc:
Cc: qglick@hotmail.com
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill Glick is working on a NEW passenger car book and I have assisted him on
some aspects of it.

He has almost completed the rough draft copy and will meeting with a
publisher next week. Now DON'T take this to mean that the book will be out
soon. Bill feels that there will be many re-writes. His goal (and hope) is
to have it out by late summer/early fall next year.

He would like to complete some important details on several dining cars
that, at this time, the details are sparse or missing. He asked me to
contact the "list" in hopes that some of you can help him fill in the gaps.

We therefore are asking for your help and assistance on the following items:

1. Dining cars 165 to 169. Bill does not have any exterior photos of these
cars and would like to include a photo if one is available. If anyone has
copies, Bill would like to hear from you. Bill has a notation that there may
have been an article on these cars in the RAILWAY AGE GAZETTE dated FEB 6,
1914. If you have a copy of this, let us know.

2. Dining cars 109 to 124, any exterior and/or interior photos, drawings,
etc is needed. In the same series of cars, Bill's original passenger car
book does not have any reference to cars 111 to 120 and we are wondering if
these numbers existed and what information may be available.

3. In the Nebraska State Journal newspaper dated 1891 (I forgot the month
and date) , there is an article about a Burlington dining car LINCOLN. The
article came from Al Holck. Neither Bill nor Al have any idea what the
number of this car is or any details about it. Any one have information
about the LINCOLN dining car would be appreciated.

If you have any information or can add more insight about these cars it
would be greatly appreciated. You can contact either Bill or me OFF LINE at:

Bill Glick: qglick@hotmail.com
Ray Bedard: tczephyr@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM