Re: [CBQ] FM-10 flats

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] FM-10 flats
From: Russell Strodtz <19main@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:11:20 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rupert,

There are always strange things that come to light. When I looked at that
flat drawing I started to look at some other drawings in that 60M series.

Find the painting and lettering for the FT's. nothing very surprising here
but after a couple looks I see that there were different versions of the
number box letters and numbers.

105-107,111,150-154 C's,and 155-159 A's were 6".
108-110,112-115 were 5"

The basic color, including the horns was Aluminum, Duco #254-34793.
Never look like any shade of "Aluminum" to me. The we go to the
F3's and F7's and it's still Aluminum but Lucite 893-94376.

This is just like the BN where just about every drawing has a different
basic painting color or offers you 4 or 5 choices.

The change in flat car sizes? Rust and termites.

Russ