Re: [CBQ] Grayback F unit color

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Grayback F unit color
From: <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:37:47 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Ok guys here is my new mix for F-unit gray.
Ready?
Here it comes.

ModelFlex Antique White.
Future floor polish for a gloss coat.
Your fave flat coat. Some times I like Microcaot Flat or I mix it with some
gloss to make a semi-gloss.

Decals. Hmmmmm. Let's see. I went through 8 sets of microscale before they
curled so much I stripped the ABBA FTs down to thier plastic again.
Microscale tells me that they had a bad run of RED ink. so all the new artwork
sets are bad. They fracture in the water or on the shell.
Remember Humpty Dumpty???
And guess what? Decal saver doesn't help them either. It turns the red frosty,
slightly less red than they should be.
It's enough to make you model Penn Central.
I have an older set without the porthole gaskets that I found that may
work.We'll see but don't expect to see anything from me at Dubuque, I'm working
on freight cars.

Rob ManleySincerly,
Rob Manley
Midwest Mod-U-Trak
"It's just that I love boxcars and I love to read the names on them like
Missouri Pacific, Great Northern, Rock Island Line"
On the Road----Jack Kerouac