Fw: [CBQ] Grayback F unit color

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Fw: [CBQ] Grayback F unit color
From: "John Lee" <BNJohn@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:46:17 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger-Sylvia Hanson [mailto:2hansons@kc.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:53 PM
To: 'CBQ@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Grayback F unit color

>From the Feb. 1986 issue of MR - "Paint Shop" by George Drury:
The author states that he mixed "4 parts of Reefer White and 1 part Reefer
Gray, so I mixed it and sprayed it on.  It looked far too dark.
...decided that I wanted a warm off-white.  I diluted my gray mixture half
and half with white, making it about 9 parts Reefer White to 1 of Reefer
Gray.  Then I added a few drops of Floquil Caboose Red to warm the color,
but not enough to turn it pink.  When I gave the bodies a second coat, the
lighter color seemed right."

I agree - it looks right to me also.
Roger Hanson
Kansas City, MO