Re: [CBQ] Ore Cars on the "Q"

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Ore Cars on the "Q"
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:36:19 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Steve Doyle wrote:

> Does anyone know which roads' ore cars might be found running on Q trackage
> in the late-50's-early-60s? I know a few pictures exist in the usual books,
> but it doesn't seem clear whose cars they were.
> Many thanks,
> Steve Doyle
> Wayzata, MN

Steve,

Since the employee timetables of that era had a specific speed
restriction on trains carrying DM&IR ore cars, I think it would
reasonable to expect that they were at least a semi-regular sets of cars
in ore trains. I know over on the CGW list they are still trying to find
out where exactly the 70 ton quad hopper cars that the CGW loaded with
ore in southern Minnesota and handed off to the Q at Dubuque went.

Bill Hirt

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM