[CBQ] FWD: The "General"

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] FWD: The "General"
From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:19:55 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I realize that this is not CB&Q related, but I thought it was worthwhile to
pass on.

Dave

To all  group members,

An old friend needs help. While on vacation recently,  we went to the
Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in  Kennesaw, GA.
Home of the "General" steam locomotive. Recently, it was  discovered
that even though the General is indoors and in a  controlled
environment, she is rotting away and falling apart. When she  was
placed in the museum years ago, her boiler was not washed out,  the
sand was not removed from her sand dome and there is still No.  2
fuel in her tender. All of this is doing no good for  her.
Restoration is going to cost upwards of $40.000 If you can help  in
any amount of money, please do so. She is an important piece  of
history of our great country, a war that is worse than the war  we
are fighting now, the war amongst ourselves. Please send what  you
can. The address is as follows:

The Southern Museum of Civil  War and Locomotive History
2829 Cherokee Street
Kennesaw, GA.  30144
(770) 427-2117

Thank you fellow railroaders, buffs and  foamers for all your help.

Sincerely,
Joe Kaminskas
Rockdale,  IL.

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hh41a7t/M=362343.6886682.7839641.1493532/D=groups/S=1706043004:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124248801/A=2894350/R=0/SIG=10tj5mr8v/*http://www.globalgiving.com";>Make
 a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving</a>.</font>