Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2497

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2497
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:55:10 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rob,

The light colored horns may well have been unpainted aluminum as the
horn bells were cast in aluminum even back then, I believe.

Bill Barber

On Tuesday, August 16, 2005, at 05:11  AM, CBQ@yahoogroups.com wrote:

>   Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:07:09 -0500
>    From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
> Subject: Puzzling about the Q's early EMC/EMD switchers.
>

> Do we have any experts out there who can confirm that the Q's EMC SW
> and
> NW-1 switchers delivered in 1937 were painted black rather than
> "pullman" green?  Was the original lettering dulux gold or gold leaf?
> Their horns are painted a light color.  Might anyone know what that
> was?
>
> What about the SW-1's delivered in 1939-40 and NW-2 switchers delivered
> in 1940-41.  Same questions...Black or green?  Lettering color.
>
> Do any records exist regarding the paint and lettering practices for
> this group of locomotives?
> \
> Previously, a couple of members sent me very nice photos to work from
> for developing artwork for decals.  I'm trying to tackle this project,
> but the color questions keep nagging at me.  Did the Q switch from
> green
> to black for its diesel switchers in 1937?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Rob Adams
> Wellman, IA

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h326cu5/M=362343.6886682.7839641.1493532/D=groups/S=1706043004:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124211291/A=2894350/R=0/SIG=10tj5mr8v/*http://www.globalgiving.com";>Make
 a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving</a>.</font>