Re: [CBQ] Smoke box color (and fire box too)

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Smoke box color (and fire box too)
From: "Bob Yarger" <ryarger@rypn.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 17:20:36 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Sorry, I did not read your post carefully.  Only photos 1957 and later (C&S)
would be aluminum.  Older photos that appear white are probably just the
result of films at the time, or perhaps yellow camera filters, which some
photographers used to bring out clouds, etc., in b&w photos.  What brand is
your P48 0-4?  I didn't know that any were made, though there were some
plain O scale USRA 2-8-2 heavies imported.

Bob Yarger, Editor
Railway Preservation News (free website)
www.rypn.org