Re: [CBQ] Open invite

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Open invite
From: "Bob Yarger" <ryarger@rypn.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:38:42 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The proper Q color was a mix of graphite and oil, which came out as a fairly
dark gray.  The silver smokeboxes and fireboxes came with the fantrip era,
starting with the C&S in Denver in 1957.  If the 4978 had a silver smokebox
(can't remember), it would have gotten it in Denver when it came in the fall
of 1958, to fill in for some diesels that were destroyed in head on
collisions.  Some sanding on the smokebox should uncover the silver if it is
there.

Bob Yarger, Editor
Railway Preservation News (free website)
www.rypn.org