[CBQ] St. Louis RPM Meet Final Announcement

To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com, RPM-forum@yahoogroups.com, John at Work <john.golden5@scott.af.mil>, gsmre@yahoogroups.com, SCL-modeler@yahoogroups.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com, CRIP-RR@yahoogroups.com, CofGmodeler@yahoogroups.com, illinois-central-model@yahoogroups.com, mstl@yahoogroups.com, ACL-SAL-SCLmodeler@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] St. Louis RPM Meet Final Announcement
From: John Golden <golden1014@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:40:12 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Friends,

The 2005 ST. LOUIS RAILROAD PROTOTYPE MODELER?S (RPM)
MEET is just 20 days away. Attached are details for
attendees, vendors, and out-of-town guests. The meet
is packed and almost every table is reserved, so for
those of you attending--expect a great time!

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL

The Second Annual St. Louis Railroad Prototype
Modeler?s Meet will be held Saturday, August 20th at
the Gateway Convention Center, One Gateway Center
Collinsville, IL 62234.  Collinsville is 12 miles east
of metro St. Louis on I-55/70.

The heart of this event is your model display. Bring
your models, finished or unfinished, for display. All
scales, gauges are welcome; attendees are encouraged
to bring locomotives, rolling stock, structures and
any other models pertaining to prototype railroading.
There will be no contests or awards. The purpose of
the meet is to share information, present your best
modeling techniques, and meet your fellow area
modelers.

In addition to model displays, presentations by
nationally-recognized modelers and historians are
scheduled.  A FreeMo demonstration layout will be on
display.  Historical Societies and select local
vendors will also be in attendance.  A Friday night
Social/Operating Session is also scheduled. Hours for
this one-day event are 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Vendor
set-up starts at 7:15.  Sales end at 5:00 P.M. Contact
John Golden at Golden1014@yahoo.com or (618) 624-8033
for meet info. This is a not-for-profit event.

RESERVED MODEL DISPLAY TABLES: I have 30 tables
reserved for model displays. Noted modelers will
include Jack Spencer, Dave Davis, Ben Hom, Mike
Buddhe, John Welther, Clark Probst, Andy Harmon, Dan
and John Kohlberg, Mike Dudley, and others. If you're
attending and wish to bring models, please be advised
that display space is at an absolute premium, and if
you bring something you may have to share a table with
another modeler. The meet is packed!

PRE-RPM SOCIAL AND OPERATING SESSION: Mr. Brad Joseph
of O?Fallon, IL, will host the Pre-RPM Meet Operating
Session/Social on Friday, Aug 19th at 7:00 P.M. Brad?s
UP-theme layout, with Digitrax and sound, will
be open for operations.  Bring slides if you?d like to
show them too.  Contact Brad at (618) 233-8140 or John
Golden at (618) 624-8033 for more info. My thanks to
Brad for his hospitality and generous offer to host
this event.

VENDORS: I'm pleased to present this year's quality
vendors--Bob?s Photos, Westerfield, AMB, Rails
Unlimited, Badger Airbrush, Golden Spike Decals,
Speedwitch, Railway Classics, Red Board Hobbies,
Modeler?s Choice, Joe Collias Photos, and more. 22+
vendor tables are reserved.

HISTORICAL SOCIETIES: Societies attending include the
Terminal RR Association, Illinois Terminal, Wabash,
Missouri Pacific, Soo Line, C&NW, and Central of
Georgia. There will be 15+ tables of HSs this year.

FREEMO: The FreeMo layout plans are still under
development. We may have as few as three modules in a
display, or as many as 30 in a separate room. So,
please stand by for updates. In any event there will
be a FreeMo presence and all your questions wil be
answered by Chris Theis and the Gateway Society of
Model Railroad Engineers team.  For more information
go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gsmre/ (St. Louis
area), http://www.free-mo.org or
site).

VENDOR INFO: I'll get room key at 7:15 A.M. so you may
begin set-up then. I ask that you don't break down any
displays until 5 P.M. or later. There will be a break
from around 5 to 6:30 P.M. for dinner, then attendees
can come back to BS, run FreeMo and hang around until
they throw us out at 10 P.M. IMPORTANT VENDOR UPDATE:
I'm forced to raise your table fee from the promised
$6.00 to $7.50. The Gateway Center changed the rate
(despite my contract). I'll make every attempt the
refund the difference depending on gate receipts. I'm
very sorry for the change. Vendors are also required
to pay the $10.00 entrance fee.

HOTELS: For out-of-town guests, I suggest the
Fairfield Inn, 4 Gateway Drive, Collinsville, IL,
62234. Phone is (618)346-0607. I don't have an RPM
meet deal going, but this hotel is 200 feet from the
Convention Center and I know the rates are pretty
reasonable. The nicest hotel in the area is the Four
Points Sheraton in Fairview Heights--about 15 minutes
away from the Center. Please contact me off-line if
you'd like information on that hotel.

PRESENTATION SCHEDULE:
1) Ed Hawkins ? The ART Car Fleet, 1920-1960s
2) John & Dan Kohlberg ? ICG East St. Louis
Operations, Ca. 1970
3) PENDING: John Welther ? TBD
4) Ed DeRouin ? Baggage, Mail and Express ? Unmasked
5) Ted Culotta ? Detailing Freight Cars
6) Time Permitting: Ben Hom ? Modeling PRR?s X29 Box
Car Fleet
7) Time Permitting: Pat Wider - Weighing Freight Cars,
Track Scales, & Scale Test Cars
Note: Presentations begin around 9:30 and will run
throughout the day.  An exact presentation itinerary
will be available at the meet.

ATTACHMENTS: Please contact me off-line at
Golden1014@yahoo.com if you would like a copy of the
table layout plan.

Whew...that's enough for now. Contact me off-line at
Golden1014@yahoo.com if I forgot anything. See you
guys there!

Thanks,
John

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL
http://www.pbase.com/golden1014

2nd Annual St. Louis Railroad Prototype Modeler's Meet
August 20th, 2005
Collinsville, IL
Contact: John Golden, Golden1014@yahoo.com

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hvitaf0/M=362343.6886682.7839641.1493532/D=groups/S=1706043004:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1122871237/A=2894350/R=0/SIG=10tj5mr8v/*http://www.globalgiving.com";>Make
 a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving</a>.</font>