[CBQ] Re: Denver Zephyr pics

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Denver Zephyr pics
From: jonathanharris@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:57:31 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
>From: "realrussian" <realrussian@...>
>Date: Tue Jul 19, 2005  8:31 pm
>Subject: Denver Zephyr pics realrussian
>
>I just posted all 4 Denver Zephyr pics from the Denver Library
>collection, that were 1956 or later.
>
>Tony

Here are links to the DPL originals of the DZ pictures Tony posted in our
"photos" section.

http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?00004812+OP-4812
http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?00004814+OP-4814
http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?11006019+Z-6019
http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?00019533+OP-19533

A comment for future reference: I find it prefereable to post links to the
original pictures in the Denver Public Library's Western History Collection
instead of posting the photos themselves. It's no more work for the person
doing the posting. For the grateful viewer, access is almost instantaneous,
the photo's screen size is much larger, and it will download at the larger
size (interestingly, the file size is still quite small, not a whole lot
larger than in our own photo section). Also, if you then search for the
"full record" at DPL, using the "call number"  (that's the letters and
numbers after the "plus" sign -- e.g., OP-4812), you get a lot more
information about the photo. For those who don't know what I mean, please
compare any of the links above to the comparable shot in our "photos"
section, and you'll see what I'm talking about (at least I think you will,
... unless this whole problem is resides within my own computer).

Of course if you're posting your own photo, then you have to do what you
have to do, but MAN do I hate the tiny miserable screen size of pictures in
these Yahoo! photo sections. It was so much better when they they could  be
in the "files" section (and yes I do understand why, for the most part,
they cannot be there now -- but that doesn't make me like it any better).
Fortunately, the new Gallery JK set up at the BRHS website also presents
photos at much higher quality (thanks!).

Jonathan