[CBQ] Good News at the Illinois Railway Museum

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Good News at the Illinois Railway Museum
From: "John Lewis" <CBQJohn@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:56:46 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
A good friend of mine, Mark Cheffey, toured the Illinois Railway Museum at
Union this past weekend.  Although he is an avowed Frisco fan, he did send me a
photograph of CB&Q 9255 .... it has been repainted into Q colors from the
Davenport & Rock Island livery it used to wear.  Mark said the crew at Union
knew they still had work to do on the engine, but wanted it available for the
museum's "Diesel Days".  I posted Mark's photo (with his permission) in the
photos section of the list.

I wasn't aware that they were repainting the 9255 ... the 504 (SD24) was the
only Q repaint in progress that I was aware of.  Guess I am going to have to
start planning a trip north ... like I need another reason to visit Union!  :-)

Regards,
John Lewis
Palmyra, Missouri