Re: [CBQ] Re: Can you identify this type Zephyr car?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Can you identify this type Zephyr car?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:01:39 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hubert-
I don't know how the line numbers were handled but AFAIK the "foreign" cars
almost always represented tours or special movements.  I would imagine that
the regular CZ cars would keep their normal positions and line numbers.
The extra cars would be handled outside of the normal CZ context.
Exceptions would be cars substituting for CZ cars (i.e. a DZ sleeper subbing
for one of the regular 10-6s or a pool KCS/ARZ 10-6 which was a fairly
regular occurrence).
Charlie Vlk