Re: [CBQ] Challenger 4-6-4

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Challenger 4-6-4
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 01:13:30 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have a Nickel Plate CB&Q S-4a 4-6-4 #4001 that I bought several years ago for
about $600.   It is the finest product I have seen of NPP's inconsistent line,
and it has a can motor and terrific details, including full detailing of the
vestibule cab.   It has the boxpox center drivers, Worthington SA FWH, and the
mars light.   The only concern I have on the detail is that the riveting on the
tender is so slight that it is almost unnoticeable, which might be more
accurate than most.   My model is unpainted, which might bring out the rivet
detail more, and I do not have a layout to run it on.   It starts slowly and
smoothly, but I do not know about its pulling power and overall performance.
I have several Challenger CB&Q models, and the detailing of this NPP model
ranks right with them.   The detailing and overall look of the model makes it
one of my favorite CB&Q models, and it was a good value.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM